AKA that boring page on every website that we’re all happy to ignore. Until those “OH SHIITAKE!” moments..
And then it becomes ~extremely important~ to know…
- What does this random site know about me?
- Is someone gonna open up a credit card in my name with all this private info??
- Am I going to get tons of junk calls because I opted in for texts?
- Will I start getting weird emails from lists I don’t remember signing up for?
- WHAT IF SOMEONE SHOWS UP AT MY HOUSE??
👆Whether or not you’ve personally enjoyed relaxing middle-of-the-night thoughts like these, I can guarantee that your site visitors are wondering.
Most people think of privacy as our right (whether or not we’ve already shared so much data with Instagram and Facebook that they know what exactly we’re gonna eat for dinner before we do).
When we’re questioning whether our private info is being sold on the dark web, we feel threatened. And if you want to run a real business, you need to show your visitors you care about their experience with your brand. You need to show them you take their privacy seriously.
(Not to mention that the consequences for overlooking a potential breach can be disastrous. Unless you love getting slapped with Surprise Fines! #surprise #itsnotfine)
And, yes, this contract is GDPR and CaCPA Compliant!
If you sell digital products or online courses, you'll want to check out this Online Course Terms & Conditions template instead.
If you sell physical products, you'll want to check out this eCommerce Terms & Conditions template instead.